ACTIVITY IN COUPLES
Eric Morecambe and Ernie Wise are two famous British comedians. This clip shows how they make breakfast when they are listening to the radio.
Discuss1) What time do you have breakfast?
2) What do you eat and drink for breakfast?
3) Look at the photo. What can you see on the table?
4) What is your kitchen like? Describe it.
5) Have you got these in your kitchen?
6) What other things have you got in your kitchen? Make a list in 1 minute.eg kettle, cooker...
Watch the clip
1) Vocabulary check
What do these words mean?
throw, catch, slices, beat (eggs), squeeze, open, close, toss (pancakes), cut, take
2) Look at the photos. What are their names?
3a) Look at the list of breakfast activities before you watch.
Put their names next to the activities you see them do. After you watch do the interactive exercises below the video
listen to the radio √ = Eric and Ernie
beat the eggs √ = Ernie
eat breakfast cereal
cut the lemons √ = Eric
drink coffee = X (They don't drink coffee)
throw slices of bread
put water in the tea pot
catch the bread
make the tea
put bread in the toaster
catch the toast
open the cupboards
take sausages out of the fridge
What do they do?
PractiseAsk and answer questions
Revise and practise the present simple here http://efllecturer.blogspot.com/2011/04/present-simple.html
I have breakfast at 8 o'clock. I drink...